Burnout 2: Point of Impact Game Information
Press ReleaseLOS ANGELES May 22, 2002: Returning to the streets in what promises to be the most adrenaline-filled arcade driving game of the forthcoming holiday season, Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKLM) today announced that it will release BurnoutTM 2: Point of Impact this fall across all next-generation gaming platforms.
Created by Criterion Games Limited, Burnout 2: Point of Impact is the eagerly anticipated sequel to the award-winning racing game that was praised by consumers and the media for its realistic and dangerous handling and most importantly, its outrageous crashes.
"Burnout 2: Point of Impact builds upon the global success of its predecessor and delivers an entirely new gameplay experience that will raise the standard in the genre," said Tom Bass, Senior Brand Manager. "The cars are faster, the tracks more expansive and the potential for danger has never been higher; this will be the racing game of the 2002 holiday season."
Several American films inspired Burnout 2: Point of Impact, including "The Fast And The Furious," "Bad Boys" and "Speed." In addition, Burnout 2: Point of Impact will offer a broad array of features such as:
- Six exciting new United States-inspired locations, including Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport;
- Thirty-two new stages to drive;
- Fourteen all-new vehicles to race;
- Seven secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars;
- Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog;
- Point-to-point races;
- All-new points-based championship gameplay structure;
- Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School;
- All-new Pursuit races, allowing players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road;
- Vehicles can get air and earn boosts by jumping;
- Incredible all-new car crash and vehicle deformation system - tear up the traffic;
- New Custom Series Mode - race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals;
- Awesome in-game soundtrack to help keep players rocking and racing;
- Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviors;
- Unique new next-generation graphical effects - unrivaled on PS2;
- Vibration enabled controller compatibility, letting players feel every turn and crunch of the car.
Burnout 2 Point of Impact will be available this fall for all of the next-generation gaming platforms at suggested retail prices to be determined. For more information on this game, please visit www.acclaim.com. Acclaim's complete showcase of products will be featured at E3 in Los Angeles, CA at booth #1046 in the South Hall.
- Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School.
- All-new Pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.
- Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than any seen before: Vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway!
- New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles complete with body kits and decals.
- Six new United States themed locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport.
- Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles â€“ over 600 miles of challenges and courses to complete the game.
- Secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars.
- Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog.
- All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.
- All new boost system - vehicles can now get air and earn boosts by jumping.
- Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviours.