Burnout Dominator Game Information
Press ReleaseGuildford, UK - Thursday 7th December 2006 - Get ready for complete and total domination. Electronic Arts (NASAQ: ERTS) today announced that Burnout™ Dominator is in development exclusively for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system.
Burnout Dominator is an all-new installment of the legendary and multi-award winning Burnout™ series, loaded with intense racing action and dozens of retina-searing World Tour events. Burnout Dominator challenges gamers to face off against a series of hot-blooded rivals in brutal tests of aggressive driving techniques where performing burnouts gives you the advantage and multiplies your score potential. For the ultimate nerve-wracking experience, Burnout Dominator takes you to the very edge of control, punishing the smallest mistakes and rewarding drivers for taking outrageous risks.
"The series was born on the PlayStation 2, and Burnout Dominator is about celebrating the essence of Burnout," said Nick Channon, senior producer of Burnout Dominator. "Burnout Dominator focuses on the reckless skill-based racing and fear of crashing that fuelled the first games."
Burnout Dominator will ship in 2007 under the EA brand and is developed by EA's UK Studio team in Guildford, UK.
- Master a new world tour: Battle across all-new tracks built for every style of racing. Drift around the traffic on open urban roads and race in the oncoming lane in claustrophobic city streets.
- Unprecedented speed: Drive like a maniac to max out your boost. Drain it totally to perform a Burnout and get an instant boost recharge. Chain multiple burnouts to keep the adrenaline burning!
- New ways to burn: Don’t just throw caution to the wind in Maniac mode –pulverise it. Drive on the edge in the most challenging race mode seen yet and watch your score soar!
- Signature Shortcuts: Watch out for the signature shortcuts on every track. Ram a rival through the barrier of a shortcut entrance to unlock it and shave those precious seconds off your race times.
- Unique rides: Every car offers a unique experience, and you need to master them all as you drift, smash and race your way through the world tour.
- Domination Points: Win races, takedown rivals and nail the challenges thrown at you to progress to the deadly Dominator series.
- Join the party: Pass the PSP or Analog Controller (DUALSHOCK®2) and own the competition in Party Play Mode or go head to-head in split-screen Multiplayer Mode on the PlayStation 2 and in Ad Hoc Mode on the PSP.
- Scoresync functionality: Exclusive to PSP. Synchronise your game with friends on game completion and then smash their best race times and scores.
- Downloadable game content: Extend your game experience on the PSP by downloading exclusive new tracks after game launch