Operation Burnout Forums: Better late than Never - Operation Burnout Forums

Jump to content

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Better late than Never Just got Burnout POI

#1 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

Well I finally got Burnout 2 POI... I know, I know :D I played this game for a total of ten minutes back in 04' But that was long enough to get me hooked on Burnout. I've owned/played every one since. But unfortunately I never played POI more than those 10 minutes. Well now I got it, and figured I'd give it a run while I wait for MNC L.A. and the Next BP Update. I had to buy it for game cube so I can play it on my Wii (my PS2 & Xbox are in storage) Man was it hard finding it for the GC at a reasonable price! Everyone wanted like $30 for it on the GC, but the ps2 and Xbox were only $3.99.... Go figure. Anyways here's to a Blast from the past!

This post has been edited by Metallicats33: 02 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

0

#2 User is offline   Loner1217 Icon

  • Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 152
  • Joined: 01-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • PSN ID: loner1217

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

Burnout Paradise is the first in the series for me. If Paradise is as good as the others I might have to pick them all up.
0

#3 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Posted 03 October 2008 - 01:19 AM

View PostJoe, on Oct 2 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Burnout Paradise is the first in the series for me. If Paradise is as good as the others I might have to pick them all up.


Well they all have there goods and their bads. Burnout Paradise was a step in a whole new direction so you can't really compare it to it's predecessors. But like I said They all have their features are definitely worth playing :D
0

#4 User is offline   Loner1217 Icon

  • Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 152
  • Joined: 01-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • PSN ID: loner1217

Posted 03 October 2008 - 02:37 AM

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 2 2008, 09:19 PM, said:

View PostJoe, on Oct 2 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Burnout Paradise is the first in the series for me. If Paradise is as good as the others I might have to pick them all up.


Well they all have there goods and their bads. Burnout Paradise was a step in a whole new direction so you can't really compare it to it's predecessors. But like I said They all have their features are definitely worth playing :D



Out of all of them besides Paradise is worth my time?
0

#5 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

View PostJoe, on Oct 2 2008, 07:37 PM, said:

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 2 2008, 09:19 PM, said:

View PostJoe, on Oct 2 2008, 05:17 PM, said:

Burnout Paradise is the first in the series for me. If Paradise is as good as the others I might have to pick them all up.


Well they all have there goods and their bads. Burnout Paradise was a step in a whole new direction so you can't really compare it to it's predecessors. But like I said They all have their features are definitely worth playing :D



Out of all of them besides Paradise is worth my time?


Are you asking what ones besides paridise are worth you time? If so I must Suggest 2, 3 ,revenge, legends. 2 dosn't have takedowns but is still fun :D and legends is only on the PSP but is a solid 9/10 game. 3 & revenge are the closest "feel" to paraidise. and I use "feel" loosly

This post has been edited by Metallicats33: 03 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

0

#6 User is offline   The_Killing_Road Icon

  • Dancing Queen
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,659
  • Joined: 08-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Monmouthshire, Wales
  • PSN ID: The_Killing_Road
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 03 October 2008 - 04:35 PM

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)
0

#7 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)


yeah thats what I was basically doing :D the only reason that i didn't include burnout 1 as a suggestion is I got the impression that joe want's more crashing and driving similar to Paradise.

on another note: I'm about Half way through POI and loving it. Kinda feels nostalgic :up: Took me about 5 minutes to figure out why I couldn't take any one down though :laugh:
0

#8 User is offline   The_Killing_Road Icon

  • Dancing Queen
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,659
  • Joined: 08-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Monmouthshire, Wales
  • PSN ID: The_Killing_Road
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 3 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)


yeah thats what I was basically doing :D the only reason that i didn't include burnout 1 as a suggestion is I got the impression that joe want's more crashing and driving similar to Paradise.

on another note: I'm about Half way through POI and loving it. Kinda feels nostalgic :up: Took me about 5 minutes to figure out why I couldn't take any one down though :laugh:

Are you playing it on the PS3? Cos last time i tried it wouldnt let me, it was all a bit ... off. The colours were weird. :(
But i wanna start playing them all again now XD
0

#9 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Post icon  Posted 03 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 3 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)


yeah thats what I was basically doing :D the only reason that i didn't include burnout 1 as a suggestion is I got the impression that joe want's more crashing and driving similar to Paradise.

on another note: I'm about Half way through POI and loving it. Kinda feels nostalgic :up: Took me about 5 minutes to figure out why I couldn't take any one down though :laugh:

Are you playing it on the PS3? Cos last time i tried it wouldnt let me, it was all a bit ... off. The colours were weird. :(
But i wanna start playing them all again now XD


Nah i'm playing it on the Game Cube... well Wii , but POI doesn't have takedowns :D that's why that was so funny. I tried and tried and tried for like five minutes then It dawned on me! Burnout 3 Takedown... "Takedown" Burnout 3 was called takedown because it was the first game in the series to have them... man I felt like an arse.
0

#10 User is offline   alphabeta777 Icon

  • Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 471
  • Joined: 02-May 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney, Australia
  • PSN ID: alphabeta777
  • Time Zone: GMT -10 hours

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

I didn't mind Dominator at all, sure it may have been by a different team, but it felt exactly like Burnout should (probably because they didn't do much except make new car models, tracks and introduce back Burnout chaining). I actually like it better than Legends, possibly because Legends was Burnout 3 all over again.
0

#11 User is offline   The_Killing_Road Icon

  • Dancing Queen
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,659
  • Joined: 08-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Monmouthshire, Wales
  • PSN ID: The_Killing_Road
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 04 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 3 2008, 09:20 PM, said:

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 12:15 PM, said:

View PostMetallicats33, on Oct 3 2008, 07:47 PM, said:

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)


yeah thats what I was basically doing :D the only reason that i didn't include burnout 1 as a suggestion is I got the impression that joe want's more crashing and driving similar to Paradise.

on another note: I'm about Half way through POI and loving it. Kinda feels nostalgic :up: Took me about 5 minutes to figure out why I couldn't take any one down though :laugh:

Are you playing it on the PS3? Cos last time i tried it wouldnt let me, it was all a bit ... off. The colours were weird. :(
But i wanna start playing them all again now XD


Nah i'm playing it on the Game Cube... well Wii , but POI doesn't have takedowns :D that's why that was so funny. I tried and tried and tried for like five minutes then It dawned on me! Burnout 3 Takedown... "Takedown" Burnout 3 was called takedown because it was the first game in the series to have them... man I felt like an arse.

Haha idiot :P Yeah, Point of Impact was but a clever name that was all :P

View Postalphabeta777, on Oct 4 2008, 09:03 AM, said:

I didn't mind Dominator at all, sure it may have been by a different team, but it felt exactly like Burnout should (probably because they didn't do much except make new car models, tracks and introduce back Burnout chaining). I actually like it better than Legends, possibly because Legends was Burnout 3 all over again.

Yeah but the graphics i felt were kinda offputting. Too bright and sickly, Revenge had it JUST right as far as colour schemes go. :)
0

#12 User is offline   Metallicats33 Icon

  • Shareholder
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 598
  • Joined: 25-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • XBox Live Gamertag: metallicats33
  • PSN ID: metallicats33

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

View PostThe_Killing_Road, on Oct 3 2008, 09:35 AM, said:

Just leave out Dominator because it was made by a different team, all the other games were made by the team that brought you Paradise ;)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: The dawn of a new era...
by AlexW@Criterion on Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 am

Legends and Dominator were coded by different development staff - not by the original Burnout Team based at Criterion in Guildford.

Legends was done by a French DS group. Nothing to do with us, first we saw it was when it came out in the shops.

Dominator was done by what was at the time, the PSP 'Fusion' group based originally at EA Chertsey.

We had no input on the DS game.

On Dominator, we worked more closely with the Chertsey group and oversaw general direction and design. But, if you ask any of that staff, it was definitely their project.

The main Burnout Team were off working on Burnout Five at that time.
AlexW@Criterion

Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:06 am
Top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well looks like both Legends and Dominator were not made directly by Criterion. And by the looks of it, Criterion had more input on Dominator than they did with legends.
0

#13 User is offline   The_Killing_Road Icon

  • Dancing Queen
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,659
  • Joined: 08-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Monmouthshire, Wales
  • PSN ID: The_Killing_Road
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

How strange lol I still stick with Legends all the way :)

Even though it was made by... the french :sick:
0

#14 User is offline   Ybmaster Icon

  • Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 838
  • Joined: 14-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester
  • XBox Live Gamertag: YBMASTER
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

i didn't know its was made by french guys iam just surprised it didn't come with free onions and wine and frogs legs eww
0

#15 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 25-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:33 AM

Burnout 2 was the game that did it for me. It was the game that started my addiction to the Burnout series, and i still regularly play it
0

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users