Operation Burnout Forums: burnout revenge anything like paradise? - Operation Burnout Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

burnout revenge anything like paradise? revenge compared to paradise

#1 User is offline   Rob Icon

• Harmless Member
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • XBox Live Gamertag: GHOST OF VACANT
  • PSN ID: olbat
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Is burnout revenge similar to burnout paradise? whats the online like? Is it an open world game? Like ca you pick what event you want to do in paradise city?

#2 User is offline   Midnight Rider Icon

• Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • Location:Oakland, California Microphone/PS Eye: Yes Playing: Midnight Club:LA
  • PSN ID: MRCMidnightRider
  • Time Zone: GMT +9 hours

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hey Rob

Welcome to Opera--

I mean, Burnout Revenge is a arcade type racing game compared to Burnout Paradise's Free-Roaming city. There are alot of differences in terms of how you play the game, one thing is certain, Revenge has crash mode, Paradise has showtime. The online is mostly on Paradise but the Revenge is only on X360 servers. Thats what I think so far, I own both copies :cool:

#3 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:31 AM

Revenge is an arcade racing game. The tracks are closed off with barriers as you race through mountains, cities, and various other landscapes. There is a lot more traffic and the cars sort of handle "snappy", so for example you can be dodging traffic down a straight without having the car slide around at all, but when you go into a tight turn to drift braking lets the car loose allowing you to drift, then snaps back in after the drift.

Also crash mode is different, and there are some cars in Revenge that where brought back in Paradise as well. Also it is still online on 360.

Overall the games are pretty different, but they both share the same type of actionsucj as speed, crashes, takedowns, drifting etc.

This post has been edited by viper1315: 17 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

#4 User is offline   We Are Ninja Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: We Are N1nja
  • PSN ID: Weareninja

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Revenge's crash mode is vastly superior, and it has a couple of really nice cars, but the traffic-checking (ramming into same-way traffic effectively turning other cars into projectiles) ruined the game for me. It took the tension of the races.

They're similar in that they they share the same premise, but they're actually quite different.

#5 User is offline   ChiroVette Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: ChiroVetteNeo
  • PSN ID: ChiroVette
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:28 AM

OMG I LOVED the traffic checking in Revenge! Especially when you had to do X amount of damage. I thought that shit was massively funny and fun!

#6 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:26 AM

Though the Revenge traffic checking was unrealistic as hell, it was still fun as fuck.
When I heard the Revenge Racer was back, I almost shit bricks when I finally got it in Paradise.
I'm a sucker for open world free roam racing games, and BP just made that worse.

#7 User is offline   ZombieTron Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: ZombieTron

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Other then the name on the box, they are very different.

Personally I prefer Revenge's Arcade racing action. For me, racing really doesn't work in an open world environment, you just don't get the same close intense races that you do on Revenge. The racing on Paradise just doesn't compare to the racing on the first 4 (5 if you include dominator) Burnout games.

So, if you are after a great Arcade Racing game get Burnout Revenge! it is AWESOME!

If you prefer an Open World Driving game, stick to Paradise.

Edit: just re-read your question (OP) and it looks like you are coming from a Revenge perspective, so yes you can pick the events you want to do in Paradise, the events are set to intersections, there are more events in Paradise; races, Marked Man, Road Rage, Stunt Run and Burning Routes. There are also lots of other things to do in the open world like Road Rules; setting the fastest times and highest showtime scores on each road, finding the collectibles; smashes, billboards and superjumps, parking garages, junk yards, gas stations and paint shops.

The single player game is good, but it is very different to Revenge.

I would advise you to try the demo before you buy.

Edit 2: Ok, I re-read the question again and it seems like you do already have Paradise... ok I'm confused.

In Revenge you can pick what events you want to do, there is a choice of events for each rank as you progress through the game, you can pick Races, Road Rage, Elimination, Crashes and Burning Routes? it's been a while since I played the single player so I might be missing something. Withing each track there is also a challenge sheet to complete where you have to get perfect laps, vertical takedowns and other challenges to unlock special cars.

You pick the events in a menu system as it isn't an open world, but you can pick what order you do the events in, you have to score well in order to unlock more events in the game. I think there is still a demo available on the Xbox 360 if you want to give it a try, the demo is a race on Motor city which is one of my favourite tracks.

The online is split into 2 camps, Crasher's and Racer's (nobody really road rages online) I am a Racer, there are still plenty of people online on Xbox 360, the servers were sunsetted on the PS2/original Xbox version of the game. You really need to learn to drift jump to compete, and it will help if you have a rank otherwise you may get kicked from some rooms. But, there are still plenty of people playing and the online is a lot of fun!

This post has been edited by ZombieTron: 19 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users