Operation Burnout Forums: Why did you start playing burnout? - Operation Burnout Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why did you start playing burnout? and what was your first game?

#16 User is offline   I_Will_Take_You_Out Icon

• Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Time Zone: GMT +2 hours

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

I played Burnout 3 with my friends, and decided that I should buy it too. A few years ago I bought Burnout 2, then Burnout 1 and finally, Burnout 3. I'm still playing those great games.

#17 User is offline   djeez_nl Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: djeez_NL
  • Time Zone: GMT +2 hours

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

View PostYabba's Turd, on Jun 3 2009, 06:39 AM, said:

I'd never heard of Burnout before Paradise.

Paradise demo.
Hooked.

x2 :D

#18 User is offline   Toy Manhattan Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: nikoinlc
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

I started playing Burnout about 7 or 8 years ago. Back then I didn't have my own ps, so it was at a friends house I tried it. It was either B1 or B2, I don't know. Actually I didn't even know it was a Burnout game, until I tried Legends and remembered one of the tracks :laugh: But back then I wasn't interested in racing games (apart from Crash Team Racing :laugh: I was 8 back then, so please no negative comments) I don't think I really liked Burnout, but it was better than any other 'realistic' racing game, as it was about street racing, and you could crash your car into the trafic and such.
Then 3 years later I tried B3 (still didn't have my own ps so it was at a friend) I really liked it, and we spent much time doing head-to-head road rages :laugh: I didn't spent much time with that friend, but more with another one, who also got B3. So we played B3, a lot. He was good at Crash mode, so he did all those events, I did some races and road races (if I remember correctly, I pretty much sucked at burning routes and preview laps, as there were no other drivers to take down :db: ) Then he got BR, and then spent time playing that game. We made it pretty far (Elite status + some challenge sheet cars) , but then his savefile got corrupted :(
Later, I bought myself a ps2 (slime) But I had doubts bout bying B3, as I know I sucked at Crash mode. Regardlessly I bought it some time after, and I found out, I didn't suck at Crash mode. It actually became my favourite event. I haven't completed B3, as I still need some signature takedowns, two of the trophies, and to complete the Special GP (I hate those f1s :angry: ) Then I got BR, and I have completed it 99% (the game says 100%, but I still need some signature takedowns, got all the trophies though) Then Dominator came out, which, for me, was a huge disapointment! No Crash mode?! I mean SERIOUSLY! Anyway got 100%, and a year after I bought my ps3 (bought the ps3+GTA box on release date (29th april)) Made my way all through LC to 100% completion, then bought R&C for ps3. Completed the story, and two weeks after I got it, I bought BP in start october. Since then, I've hardly played any other games than BP.
Two things that bugs me bout the ps3 is, that I can't play ps2 games on my ps3, and, that 2 months after I bought my 40gb ps3 a 80gb ps3 came out, TO THE SAME PRICE :angry: :angry: :angry: :down: :down:

#19 User is offline   SonicTH Icon

• Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SolidSonicTH
  • PSN ID: SolidSonicTH (but I don't have Burnout Paradise)
  • PC Gamertag: SolidSonicTH
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

View PostYabba's Turd, on Jun 3 2009, 12:39 AM, said:

I'd never heard of Burnout before Paradise.

Paradise demo.
Hooked.

O_o

Really? Surprised an admin of a Burnout site's forum would be so new to Burnout.

#20 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:01 AM

Well he primarily has to keep the people in order, it's not like they're quizzed on the old games every passing hour.

#21 User is offline   Theone Icon

• Harmless Member
  • Pip
  • PSN ID: lope123

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

I started Burnout was I was about 6 with B1, I didn't really like B1, but I though I would give Burnout another try B2, then I was hooked, when I heard Burnout 3 was coming out, I got about the first week. When Burnout Revenge came out, I would play it nonstop, Burtout Dominator I never played, so I wasn't so sure of Burnout PAradise, but when I did, I was hooked.

#22 User is offline   BackTheSpace Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: BackTheSpace
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

View PostBurnout Online, on Jun 3 2009, 01:11 PM, said:

My Dad got it for me, and I thought it wouldn't be good. When I tried it, LOVED IT, until I found this place!

Then when you found this place, you didn't like it anymore? :confused: :pinch:

Just like Yabba's, I never heard of Burnout before I saw an advertisement on newz.dk for BP. Tried the demo and was hooked.

This post has been edited by BackTheSpace: 01 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

#23 User is offline   Cayman Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Challenger65
  • Time Zone: GMT -6 hours

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:47 AM

I've been in the business of Burnout for quite awhile. I think I first played the original Burnout in maybe 2002 at the age of 9, rented it for my Gamecube, and thought it was pretty cool, and that the crashes were pretty sweet. I played Burnout 2 sometime later, don't know exactly when. Awhile later I found out that Burnout 3 was only going to be available for PS2 and Xbox, which disappointed me, owning only a Gamecube (Nintendo FTW!!!), but I just figured "oh well, if Burnout is ditching Nintendo, I guess I'll just have to ditch Burnout." Then, in October of 2006, I was at a friend's birthday party, I was 13, and I saw he rented Burnout 3. I just thought "Hey, I remember the good ol' days playing Burnout 2 on the cube, crash mode was so much fun!" So I was like "Hey, let's crash some cars," and then we all got hooked on it, and the game just blew me away. So I searched and searched to see if there was ANY possible way to get a hold of it on the Gamecube, since a cube version was planned but cancelled, to see if beta copies were being sold or something (as you can tell, I wanted this game REALLY badly). Soon after, I got Burnout 2 on my Gamecube for any sort of Burnout that I could get. So, finally, after 11 months of salivating over the possiblity of owning Burnout 3, I searched for Xboxes on ebay, but eventually came across one on craigslist for only $50, so I bought it, and a copy of Burnout 3, and I swear, once I got that game, I played it for like 4 hours a day for the next 5 days, I was in love. So then I asked for Burnout Revenge for Christmas, which I got and also loved, beat, and still play to this day, because the combination of smashing cars, high speeds and awesome music soothes me. So in 2008, along comes Burnout Paradise. I foamed at the mouth and decided I had to own it. So I searched for PS3's on craigslist, and craigslist delivered, with a used 60gb PS3 (with backward compatibility) and two controllers for a mere $300. So I bought it, and found a copy of Burnout Paradise in late April 2008 for about $40. Loved it, just as I expected, wasn't as Burnout-y as I had hoped but a wonderful racing game nonetheless. Currently I own Burnout 2 for the cube, Burnout 3 and Revenge for Xbox, Dominator on PS2 through backward compatibility on PS3, and Paradise on PS3, and I am sick of DLC, and am waiting for Burnout 6.

#24 User is offline   SonicTH Icon

• Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SolidSonicTH
  • PSN ID: SolidSonicTH (but I don't have Burnout Paradise)
  • PC Gamertag: SolidSonicTH

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

View PostKBABZ, on Jun 29 2009, 08:01 PM, said:

Well he primarily has to keep the people in order, it's not like they're quizzed on the old games every passing hour.

I guess what I mean is I figured when an admin would have been chosen for the site, it'd be a longtime patron (someone who was familiar with the site and its community) and to do that, it would imply the person was coming to the site before the release of Burnout Paradise.

#25 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

meh, i went to my friend once, played Burnout 3 i believe, i loved the game. few years later i read a news that Burnout Paradise is coming to PC.
first thing to do: run around like a little girl and do :evil: laugh, then go like :yabbas: , then...where is the price? :unsure: then i got the game. since it was very very late night i got to play it, i only drove around a bit in Cavalry(at that time i did not knew that it was Cavalry :db:) and next day played a little bit more. result is i got hooked up permanently until now, waiting for the BSI to be released so i can rinse and repeat above process , but instead of waiting for Burnout to be delivered, waiting for Island to become avaible :hehe: :evil:

#26 User is offline   Samnharrod Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Samnharrod
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

I started with paradise but new about burnout before then.

I got it because there was no other games out and i wanted a cheapish one to put me over for a while. And i loved it the minute the disk finished installing
WHICH WAS 3-5 FREAKIN HOURS!!! (WITH ALL THE UPDATES!!!!) I love this game :up:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users