Operation Burnout Forums: Favorite Game Mode? - Operation Burnout Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Game Mode? Includes all race/crash variants

Poll: Favorite Game Mode?

Favorite Game Mode?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Yoyo Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 660
  • Joined: 26-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Where you least expect me to be
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Yoyo805
  • PSN ID: GGs_Yoyo (PSP Only)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

This is mostley to keep Burnout 3 discussion alive... if there is already a topic posted about this... I am too lazy to check.
0

#2 User is offline   mattd27 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Joined: 03-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England
  • XBox Live Gamertag: mattd27
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

Mine was crash mode. Mostly because of nostalgia. Unfortunately showtime just can't compare with launching a bus off a massive ramp. ;) Racing is a close second though, especially the races that were in like brazil or whatever that place was supposed to be. The ones in the Rivera were also classics. I am definatly getting this game back for 360 but there is just so much other stuff to buy at the moment!
0

#3 User is offline   Yoyo Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 660
  • Joined: 26-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Where you least expect me to be
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Yoyo805
  • PSN ID: GGs_Yoyo (PSP Only)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

View Postmattd27, on Mar 20 2009, 08:56 PM, said:

Mine was crash mode. Mostly because of nostalgia. Unfortunately showtime just can't compare with launching a bus off a massive ramp. ;) Racing is a close second though, especially the races that were in like brazil or whatever that place was supposed to be. The ones in the Rivera were also classics. I am definatly getting this game back for 360 but there is just so much other stuff to buy at the moment!

Crash was brilliant, I did all the Crashes just to unlock... wait for it... The Custom Coupe Ultimate. However, I like races better. What I want to know is why the CCU faces Coupes in single player. It has the same speed as the Dominator Sports so it'd be better suited for them.
0

#4 User is offline   carcrasher88 Icon

  • Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 976
  • Joined: 25-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York State
  • XBox Live Gamertag: carcrasher88
  • PSN ID: can't afford it, I wish I could.
  • PC Gamertag: possibly soon (most likely carcrasher88)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

I like crash mode, but Road Rage is my favorite!
0

#5 User is offline   mattd27 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Joined: 03-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England
  • XBox Live Gamertag: mattd27
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

I like crash mode, but Road Rage is my favorite!

Burnout 3 was the first game with takedowns...

And the world was never the same :laugh:
0

#6 User is offline   carcrasher88 Icon

  • Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 976
  • Joined: 25-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York State
  • XBox Live Gamertag: carcrasher88
  • PSN ID: can't afford it, I wish I could.
  • PC Gamertag: possibly soon (most likely carcrasher88)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

View Postmattd27, on Mar 20 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

I like crash mode, but Road Rage is my favorite!

Burnout 3 was the first game with takedowns...

And the world was never the same :laugh:


Man speaks the truth! You're absolutely right!
0

#7 User is offline   Yoyo Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 660
  • Joined: 26-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Where you least expect me to be
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Yoyo805
  • PSN ID: GGs_Yoyo (PSP Only)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:07 PM, said:

View Postmattd27, on Mar 20 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

I like crash mode, but Road Rage is my favorite!

Burnout 3 was the first game with takedowns...

And the world was never the same :laugh:


Man speaks the truth! You're absolutely right!

Agreed. For about a year after B3 was released, in any game with cars, if I knocked them off the road or destroyed them I'd yell "Takedown!" Then use nitrous if the game allowed it.
0

#8 User is offline   mattd27 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,364
  • Joined: 03-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England
  • XBox Live Gamertag: mattd27
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

View PostYoyo, on Mar 20 2009, 09:09 PM, said:

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:07 PM, said:

View Postmattd27, on Mar 20 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

View Postcarcrasher88, on Mar 20 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

I like crash mode, but Road Rage is my favorite!

Burnout 3 was the first game with takedowns...

And the world was never the same :laugh:


Man speaks the truth! You're absolutely right!

Agreed. For about a year after B3 was released, in any game with cars, if I knocked them off the road or destroyed them I'd yell "Takedown!" Then use nitrous if the game allowed it.

:hehe: I find myself doing that in MCLA to the other AI drivers frustration. It is sort of satisfying though because they always use phrases like " yo watch my ride homee" and it makes me laugh that anyone really talks like that.
0

#9 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,890
  • Joined: 25-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa, Canada
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 02:34 AM

I like burning laps the best. Unlimited boost F't win!
0

#10 User is offline   Shunt Icon

  • Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 38
  • Joined: 18-March 09
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

Crash! I also love Road Rage. ;)
0

#11 User is offline   BigDwii Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 242
  • Joined: 21-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, Canada
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Don't got an xbox
  • PSN ID: BigDwii

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

Crash was ok but i liked road rage the most. with the new takedown concept it was really fun to literally destroy your opponent. It still is. Most racing games you avoided to touch your opponent just in case you would spin out or something.
0

#12 User is offline   Cube Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 297
  • Joined: 15-January 09
  • Gender:Male
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Cube1701
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

I've been playing through this a lot recently (around 65 gold medals...I still have a lot to go) and I prefer races over everything else. Road Rage can be amazing or incredibly frustrating...it seems completely random (it sometimes makes me crash when I take someone out, aftertouch takedowns don't work half of the time, I takedown people I don't touch, etc). At least those problems don't exist online.
0

#13 User is offline   GwannaSauna Icon

  • Unsafe Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 09-May 09
  • XBox Live Gamertag: GwannaSauna
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

For me it has to be Road Rage. I love to smash cars and see how many takedowns I can get in a single match. The only downside to this mode is that some tracks actually have an end (Kings of the Road Northbound, Mountain Parkway etc.), which limits the amount of takedowns you can get.
0

#14 User is offline   I_Will_Take_You_Out Icon

  • Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 24
  • Joined: 27-January 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Finland, Kerava
  • Time Zone: GMT +2 hours

Posted 21 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

Road Rage is my favourite mode. Of course, Crash mode is great too, but I like Road Rage better.
0

#15 User is offline   iUberGeek42 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 271
  • Joined: 01-June 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States, North America, Earth, 42
  • XBox Live Gamertag: HDElite
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

I like Races best, but Road Rage and Crash are tons of fun, also! I love the difficulty of the game...
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users