How long will it go on?

#1 User is offline   GwannaSauna Icon

• Unsafe Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • XBox Live Gamertag: GwannaSauna
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

Ok, it started in Burnout 2: Point of Impact. The Custom Coupe Ultimate. Yeah, cool. Then it returned in Burnout 3: Takedown saying "a boost blast from the past!". Ok, I can deal with that. We see it again in Burnout Dominator. You facepalm and continue on. Now it's in Burnout Paradise UNDER AN ALIAS TO TRY TO TRICK YOU. So maybe some new people to the series thinks it looks cool. But it irritates me and I hope it doesn't appear in any future games. However, my question is this: Do you think this vehicle will appear in future games?

#2 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

View PostGwannaSauna, on May 9 2009, 01:10 AM, said:

Ok, it started in Burnout 2: Point of Impact. The Custom Coupe Ultimate. Yeah, cool. Then it returned in Burnout 3: Takedown saying "a boost blast from the past!". Ok, I can deal with that. We see it again in Burnout Dominator. You facepalm and continue on. Now it's in Burnout Paradise UNDER AN ALIAS TO TRY TO TRICK YOU. So maybe some new people to the series thinks it looks cool. But it irritates me and I hope it doesn't appear in any future games. However, my question is this: Do you think this vehicle will appear in future games?

:db:
Fool. CG only put the Custom Coupe Ultimate in Burnout Paradise as the Hydros Custom because the car has to have a Make and Name, because of the way Criterion wanted the game to have its own makes and model names for the cars.
I think it will be in future games.

#3 User is offline   carcrasher88 Icon

• Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: carcrasher88
  • PSN ID: can't afford it, I wish I could.
  • PC Gamertag: possibly soon (most likely carcrasher88)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

View Postboostracer9, on May 9 2009, 06:57 AM, said:

Fool. CG only put the Custom Coupe Ultimate in Burnout Paradise as the Hydros Custom because the car has to have a Make and Name, because of the way Criterion wanted the game to have its own makes and model names for the cars.

You mean Hydros Techno, right? :db:

#4 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

View Postcarcrasher88, on May 9 2009, 04:06 AM, said:

Either one, it's still the same car body.

#5 User is offline   carcrasher88 Icon

• Silver Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: carcrasher88
  • PSN ID: can't afford it, I wish I could.
  • PC Gamertag: possibly soon (most likely carcrasher88)

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:53 AM

View Postboostracer9, on May 9 2009, 07:24 AM, said:

View Postcarcrasher88, on May 9 2009, 04:06 AM, said:

Either one, it's still the same car body.

Ok.

Well, I think it'll return, but I'd like to see the other version return along side it (the little hatchback version from B2) and the Supercar from B2. Maybe there'll be new versions of the car.

#6 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

I think it will be back for sure, although if it returns in the next Burnout game I hope CG makes it a more competitive car :ermm:

#7 User is offline   mattd27 Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: mattd27

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

View PostWiiFreak, on May 9 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

I think it will be back for sure, although if it returns in the next Burnout game I hope CG makes it a more competitive car :ermm:

The Carbon version is still very competitive. Just ask anyone I played with yesterday. :sneaky:

#8 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

View Postmattd27, on May 9 2009, 02:27 PM, said:

View PostWiiFreak, on May 9 2009, 02:24 PM, said:

The Carbon version is still very competitive. Just ask anyone I played with yesterday. :sneaky:

Yes, but the carbon version doesn't have the awesome paint job :yabbas:

#9 User is offline   Yoyo Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Yoyo805
  • PSN ID: GGs_Yoyo (PSP Only)

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:13 PM

Well, since I'm here... Time for a (not-so) long rant-ish thing.

*Ahem* Started from Burnout 3, I thought the Custom Coupe Ultimate looked incredible. So I took a good 10 or so hours of my life to unlock it. I did. And was very impressed. The Custom Coupe Ultimate, while not the fastest car, was one of the best. Going against Coupes was a very bad thing for this car. Sports were a more likely match. Anyway, off to Burnout Legends. The car made a return and I was glad. While never actually making to the car in Legends because I constantly played 3, I soon then got Revenge for my 360. I unlocked (nearly) every car, AND IT WAS NO WHERE! I felt very angry because my favorite car was shunned, denied, eliminated. So in 2007, Burnout Dominator came out, I felt like not getting because I thought my favorite car would not be there. But I did anyway. After playing the game a while and unlocking vehicles, I found it... The Custom Coupe Ultimate... is mine once more. As you can guess, it became my main car again. When Paradise came out, I was hoping for the Custom Coupe Ultimate to be one of the later cars with Agression type boost because of Burnout 3. Maan was I wrong! I was astonished when it was a begginer's car. The Kitano Hydros Custom when I shut it down looked alot like my Custom Coupe Ultimate. I did the Burning Route for it (1,000 times) and unlocked the Hydros Techno. Looking at it from what Atomika said, it was my Custom Coupe Ultimate. WHY IN THE WORLD IS IT A BEGGINER'S CAR?! I looked at it, the only good thing was it's Speed was 6. Like the Custom, it was a Speed car, making me wish to shun it from society. And don't get me started on what happened with 1.6, they practically killed the only good thing about the car! Now, the Carbon version. It appears to be the closest thing to my beloved Custom Coupe Ultimate. But something.... just something didn't seem right. I didn't know what it was. I'm hoping for the Custom Coupe Ultimate to make a true return in the next Burnout game, if there is one.

#10 User is offline   Burnout Online Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: tytanfamily

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

I think that there won't be a Burnout 6. I think that Criterion will just keep making rip-off DLC.

#11 User is offline   s-j Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SJ95
  • PSN ID: o0S-J0o
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:44 PM

The coupe has always been my favorite car,
It's like the "Burnout" car, except B1 and revenge it's in any burnout game, that's making it so legendary.

#12 User is offline   Cayman Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Challenger65
  • Time Zone: GMT -6 hours

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:31 AM

View Posts-j, on May 10 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

It's like the "Burnout" car, except B1 and revenge it's in any burnout game, that's making it so legendary.

Exactly. The Custom Coupe (not the Custom Coupe Ultimate, it was just the Custom Coupe in Burnout 2) is like the car that represents Burnout. The Custom Coupe IS Burnout. I hope it returns in every game, and as Yoyo said, as a better car as well, I'd like it to be a top end car myself. And in response to someone else, Criterion will make another Burnout game, I mean how long can they keep making DLC, it takes up space on the hard drive, not to mention that all the DLC combined is about $50, people will probably start feeling ripped-off if this continues. Hell, I haven't even bought any of it and I feel ripped-off. No matter how much they add to Burnout Paradise, it will still be Burnout Paradise, unless they add an entirely new city, 70 new cars, new race types, physics, and game mechanics, which would be cool, but impractical. Also, what about portable games? It's been a couple years since Dominator on the PSP, and even longer, about 3 and a half years, since the steaming turd that was Burnout Legends on the DS. [/RANT]

#13 User is offline   iUberGeek42 Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: HDElite
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:48 AM

View PostYoyo, on May 10 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

Well, since I'm here... Time for a (not-so) long rant-ish thing.

*Ahem* Started from Burnout 3, I thought the Custom Coupe Ultimate looked incredible. So I took a good 10 or so hours of my life to unlock it. I did. And was very impressed. The Custom Coupe Ultimate, while not the fastest car, was one of the best. Going against Coupes was a very bad thing for this car. Sports were a more likely match. Anyway, off to Burnout Legends. The car made a return and I was glad. While never actually making to the car in Legends because I constantly played 3, I soon then got Revenge for my 360. I unlocked (nearly) every car, AND IT WAS NO WHERE! I felt very angry because my favorite car was shunned, denied, eliminated. So in 2007, Burnout Dominator came out, I felt like not getting because I thought my favorite car would not be there. But I did anyway. After playing the game a while and unlocking vehicles, I found it... The Custom Coupe Ultimate... is mine once more. As you can guess, it became my main car again. When Paradise came out, I was hoping for the Custom Coupe Ultimate to be one of the later cars with Agression type boost because of Burnout 3. Maan was I wrong! I was astonished when it was a begginer's car. The Kitano Hydros Custom when I shut it down looked alot like my Custom Coupe Ultimate. I did the Burning Route for it (1,000 times) and unlocked the Hydros Techno. Looking at it from what Atomika said, it was my Custom Coupe Ultimate. WHY IN THE WORLD IS IT A BEGGINER'S CAR?! I looked at it, the only good thing was it's Speed was 6. Like the Custom, it was a Speed car, making me wish to shun it from society. And don't get me started on what happened with 1.6, they practically killed the only good thing about the car! Now, the Carbon version. It appears to be the closest thing to my beloved Custom Coupe Ultimate. But something.... just something didn't seem right. I didn't know what it was. I'm hoping for the Custom Coupe Ultimate to make a true return in the next Burnout game, if there is one.

View PostCayman, on May 11 2009, 07:31 PM, said:

View Posts-j, on May 10 2009, 12:44 PM, said:

Exactly. The Custom Coupe (not the Custom Coupe Ultimate, it was just the Custom Coupe in Burnout 2) is like the car that represents Burnout. The Custom Coupe IS Burnout. I hope it returns in every game, and as Yoyo said, as a better car as well, I'd like it to be a top end car myself. And in response to someone else, Criterion will make another Burnout game, I mean how long can they keep making DLC, it takes up space on the hard drive, not to mention that all the DLC combined is about $50, people will probably start feeling ripped-off if this continues. Hell, I haven't even bought any of it and I feel ripped-off. No matter how much they add to Burnout Paradise, it will still be Burnout Paradise, unless they add an entirely new city, 70 new cars, new race types, physics, and game mechanics, which would be cool, but impractical. Also, what about portable games? It's been a couple years since Dominator on the PSP, and even longer, about 3 and a half years, since the steaming turd that was Burnout Legends on the DS. [/RANT]

I agree completely. I :wub: the Custom Coupe in all of its ways, shapes, and forms and was disappointed with its "n00b car" status in Burnout Paradise...until I unlocked the Carbon Hydros... :evil:

This post has been edited by iUberGeek42: 03 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

#14 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:27 PM

Ever since I've realized how many games the Custom Coupe (Ultimate) has appeared in it's been at the top of my list. In fact in my Burnout movie script idea it's the car the main character drives.

Another car that's at the top of my list is the Watson R-Turbo Roadster. It in fact is older than the Custom Coupe because an altered version of it appeared as the Roadster in the original Burnout (it was the first Face-Off car).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users