If you want to keep the multiple subtitles and audio tracks when ripping a DVD movie, MKV is actually a pretty good output format choice. Here is how to.
When you own DVD movies, you want to make sure that nothing damages your precious investment. The best way to do it? Make a DVD backup copy to a digital file. The best way to do that? Generally, there are multiple audio tracks in the DVD movies, and you can choose the audio track to play with the DVD player as you want. So it is a great way to rip DVD to MKV video with multiple audio tracks, so you may watch DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
How to Rip DVD to MKV with multiple audio tracks and subtile?
As you know, most commercial DVDs are featured with specific DRM protections so that you can't copy them directly. And in view of pursuing for a multi-track outcome, you are highly recommended to take advantage of a robust yet reliable DVD to MKV Ripper called Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.
This excellent gadget can help you to fast rip DVD to MKV on Mac while keeping the original video quality without any video/audio out of sync problems, and convert DVD to lossless mkv with all information including chapter markers, audio tracks and subtitle streams included. For Windows users, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is the choice. Now, let's see how to backup and convert DVD to MKV on Mac with chapter markers preserved; well support macos Sierra.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Mac Download Windows-download
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetrans...t.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.file...h.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
How to make multitrack MKV video from DVD
Step 1: Open DVD content
Now insert your DVD into your Mac's DVD drive and launch the program. To select content you would like to convert hit the "Add DVD" button. In the opened window browse for the movie files to load onto the program. The DVD titles and chapters will be listed on the program within a few seconds. And click "Edit" and a snapshot feature lets you capture screengrabs of your favorite cinematic moments.
Step 2: Choose Lossless MKV with chapter markers
Click on the "Select Format", it will pop up a small drop-down menu. Choose "Format > Multi-track > Lossless MKV " as output format.
Note: If you want a lossless MKV copy, do not touch "Settings" and keep all output parameters as default.
Tip: If you need to convert your DVD video for a specific device you can also use the "Phone", "TV", "Games", "VR" Tab (next to "Format" Tab) and select the button corresponding to the desired mobile device, TV, game consoles, VR headsets, etc..
Now, back to the main screen. Before the final converting, the DVD to MKV converter also provides user-friendly video editing features for you to customize your DVD files: Trim, rotate, apply effects and insert watermark, etc. You can implement it by clicking on the "Edit" icon.
Step 3: Convert your DVD to multi-track MKV
After you have the settings configured, press the "Start" button at the top side of the main interface, this will require you to select a location on your HDD for the output video file. Please take a note, you need to make sure that the destination of the rip is going to need to be somewhere with a lot of hard drive space.
Again, click on the "Start" button to make it run and convert DVD to lossless MKV file. It won't take much time for conversion and then you will get lossless MKV once completed. Hit "Open" button you will go to location of generated files. Please keep in mind that the output file is in the MKV format won't play just anywhere. The playback for this non-common format demands a media player that is capable of handling MKV files like VLC or 8K Player for Mac.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Convert and Import Blu-ray to Final Cut Pro
- Backup Blu-ray with Plex Media Server for TV playing
- Get Premiere Pro work with iPonne (4K) videos
- Guide on Transferrring DVD Movies on Galaxy Tab S2
- Converting DVD to upload onto YouTube
- Can't import MP4 to PowerDirector (15)? Fixed
- 2017 Newest MP4/MKV/MOV/VR Movie Converter released
- Dimo V2.7.4 Get a revolutionary update on output profile optimizing
- Dimo V2.7.4 update with huge improvement on 4K/VR conversion
- Dimo V2.7.4 Released with 4K MOV and PS VR output support
Source: Make Lossless DVD to MKV Backup with all audio tracks/subtitles