In this article, you will find the best solution to open and edit DJI Phantom 4 4K in Final Cut Pro by conveting Phantom 4 4K to an editable prores mov.
The Phantom 4 is a beautifully designed camera drone. The onboard camera shoots 4K footage at 30 frames per second. When got smooth and stabilized 4K video shootings from DJI Phantom 4, how can we import and edit Phantom 4 4K video in FCP X/7? What's the best workflow for 4K footage from DJI Phantom 4 to Final Cut Pro? Some tricks are listed in the following paragraphs.
Well, compatibility is very critical for a successful editing of 4K videos so you should not proceed without an assurance on this one. Your videos should come with a format that is compatible with Final Cut Pro otherwise you are going to experience challenges in editing. Based on our testing, we found H.264 encoded MP4 or MOV file format from DJI Phantom 4 is beyond the compatibility of FCP 7.
Learn from Apple official site, we know that FCP X can support editing and monitoring 4K video, including 4K ProRes, Sony XAVC and REDCODE RAW from version 10.1. But the point here is, Final Cut Pro 7 still uses 1080p as primary delivery format and will continue to do so for a long time. In this case, to import and edit Phantom 4 4K clips in FCP 7 smoothly, you are advised to convert and downscale 4K to 1080p from DJI Phantom 4 for FCP 7 before editing.
To achieve the goal, a professional 4K Video Converter for Mac is the key. Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is highly recommended here. The program is an easy-to-use yet professional Phantom 4 4K Converter for FCP. It's able to convert Phantom 4 4K MP4/MOV files to Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(HQ), Apple ProRes 422 (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), and Apple ProRes 4444 for Final Cut Pro. Besides, this Mac 4K Video Converter is also available to customize the output resolutions to any size like 1080p, 2K, 4K as users want.
Plus, this 4K video app can also encode any 4K videos including 4K XAVC/XAVC S, 4K MOV, 4K MP4, 4K AVI, 4K MTS, etc to Avid Media Composer, iMovie, Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, etc. on Mac(OS Sierra). If you are working on Windows (Windows 10 included), please turn to Dimo Video Converter Ultimate which can transcode 4K to Apple Prores for FCP on Windows. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Mac Download Windows Download
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetrans...t.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.file...h.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
Note: If you are FCP X users, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Step 1: Load 4K footage to the converter
Run the best 4K to FCP Converter and click "Add File" button, browse to the DJI Phantom 4 footages and load them to the converter for conversion.
Step 2: Choose a proper output format
Click "Select Format" bar to choose output format. You are recommended to choose "Format -> Editor -> Final Cut Pro 7" or "Format -> Editor -> Final Cut Pro X" as the target format.
Tip: Advanced 4K video settings
Click "Settings" button if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels. Usually 1920*1080 video size and 30fps video frame rate are recommended for FCP editing.
Note: If you want to get original 4K resolution, just keep the video size as original to get 4K ProRes for FCP.
Step 3: Start converting Phantom 4 4K to Apple Prores
When you finish all settings, hit "Start" button to start transcoding DJI Phantom 4 4K video for Final Cut Pro on Mac. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows. After the conversion, it's freely to import Phantom 4 4K MP4/MOV footage into FCP X/7 for natively editing.
After editing, you can re-encode them to a suitable format for your iPad/iPhone/Android and free share edited video from FCP onto your mobile devices with Dimo freee media server.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Use Google Cardboard to play 3D Blu-ray via iPhone
- Convert 3D Blu-ray With VR ONE(Plus)
- Add Bluray Movies to Kodi (XBMC) Movie?
- You can Watch 3D Blu-ray on VR One Plus
- Playing Blu Ray with Kodi
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to view on Google Cardboard
- Convert downloaded World Baseball Classic to MP4
- Seek an Ideal MP4 Converter for Windows 10
- How to View and Play MP4 files on Windows 10
- Best MP4 Converter for Windows 10 for Converting MP4