This tutorial will show you how to import and edit PIX-E5 4K ProRes videos in Avid Media Composer 8/7/6/5 without rendering any other issues.
Compact and powerful, the Video Devices PIX-E5 5" 4K Recording Video Monitor can record DCI 4K an UHD 4K (4096 x 2160) video over HDMI and 6G-SDI to SpeedDrive SSDs in the Apple ProRes format at frame rates up to 30 fps. However, compatibility issue is quite common in the video world, which is also true to the stunning 4K Prores codec captured by PIX-E5. In this article, we will talk about the ultra high video resolution 4K Prores and Avid MC workflow. If you're planning to import PIX-E5 4K Prores video to Avid Media Composer 8/7/6/5 for editing, read on to find something you need.
Searching online, some guys mentioned ProRes workflow on Media Composer. Yes, ProRes can be used in Avid Media Composer with AMA. As far as I know things are a little more complicated with ProRes. Actually, it's too long for AMA to be effective I tried it. Becides, AMA linking to the ProRes QT files will not allow for the clips to be consolidated. Something else, there's actually no way to edit a 4K project natively with Avid MC. In most cases, editing 4K in Avid Media Composer is very taxing on your computer. In order to work PIX-E5 4K Prores footage in Avid MC smoothly, a better way is to transcode 4K ProRes to a more "edit" friendly codec- DNxHD(1080p would be the best settings).
Different from 720p/1080p videos, the conversion of 4K video is in a higher standard, a professional 4K Video Converter for Mac is what you need. Featured with the most advanced converting technology, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is now providing the most reliable and professional 4K solutions to all format issues including all types of Apple ProRes codecs like ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy), 4K XAVC/XAVC S, 4K MP4, 4K MOV, 4K MXF, 4K H.265, 4K Blu-ray and more.
As the best Apple ProRes decoder, it's able to convert PIX-E5 4K ProRes files to DNxHD video for Avid MC native editing. Besides, with it you can also convert PIX-E5 4K ProRes to any other video or audio formats including AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV, 3GP, MKV, VOB, FLV, AAC, MP3 and more. Some simple video editing functions like trim, crop, add watermark/effects are also provided for you. What's more, it provides hundreds of output format presets for 4K videos, such as DNxHD for Avid, Apple ProRes for Final Cut Pro, H.264 MOV for Adobe Premiere Pro. For Windows users, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is the alternative choice. Just download it and follow the tutorial below to get the work done.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Mac Download Windows Download
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetrans...t.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.file...h.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
Steps to Transcode PIX-E5 4K Apple ProRes media to DNxHD For Avid MC on Mac
Step 1: Install and launch the ProRes to DNxHD converter. Click "Add File" button to load individual 4K prores video for converting or directly drag the footage from PIX-E5 to the program.
Step 2: Click "Select Format" preset and choose "Editor" -> "DNxHD 720p" or "DNxHD 1080p" as the best video format for editing PIX-E5 Apple ProRes in Avid with good video quality.
Tip: You need to set Video Resolution at 1080p before conversion. Click "Settings" button; you can adjust video and audio settings, including codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. To down-convert ultra HD 4K to 1080p, do remember adjusting video size to 1920*1080. That is the exact 1080p.
Step 3: Hit "Start" button to start PIX-E5 4K ProRes .mov to DNxHD .mov conversion. You can follow the conversion process from the pop-up windows. After the conversion, launch Avid Media Composer and import the convert DNxHD files to Avid MC to create a project for smooth and native editing. No more worries about the Apple ProRes incompatibility with Avid Media Composer.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Mac Trial Mac Buy
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most multimedia devices.
8K Player (Mac/Win)
A mixture of free HD/4K video player, music player, Blu-ray/DVD player, video recorder and gif maker.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- Top Drone Video Editor Review
- Ripping Blu-ray to H.265 Codec for Watching on 4K TV
- Best 5 HEVC/H.265 Code Decoding/Encoding Tools
- Best MPEG Streamclip alternative for macos Sierra to rewrap video
- Best MacOS Sierra Handbrake Alternative
- Can Davinci Resolve accept 4K H.265 from DJI Zenmuse X5s
- Working Canon T7i/800D MP4 files in Sony Vegas Pro
- Import Canon EOS 800D/T7i H.264 MP4 to FCP, iMovie/FCE
- How to convert a .WLMP file to an .MP4 file
- How to Get Final Cut Pro to Accept MP4 files
Source: Transcode PIX-E5 4K ProRes to Avid MC 1080p DNxHD codec