Having problems importing AVI into Final Cut Pro 7 or FCP X? If so, just follow this simple tutorial to convert AVI to ProRes 422 for FCP.
Have problems importing AVI files to FCP for editing? This tutorial will show you what's the simple solution to fix the problem. After converting AVI to FCP supported format, you can freely edit all kinds of AVI videos on Final Cut Pro X/7/6 at will.
Normally, Final Cut Pro (FCP X included) can recognize some AVI files from cams. There are some instances, however, that importing an .avi file into Final Cut Pro doesn't go successfully. In fact, Final Cut Pro only reads AVI that both the audio and the video were compressed by using a codec that FCP can recognize. If your AVI video files are not imported, it's because of the codec used to create the AVI file is not supported by Final Cut Pro.
If you want to edit AVI in FCP, the easy option would be adjusting those unsupported AVI to a more editing-friendly format, such an FCP's Apple Prores codec by using Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, which support all regular format, including but not limited to Apple Prores, AIC, DNxHD, MOV, FLV, MP4, M4V, MPG, etc. After AVI files are converted, you can import to FCP without any hassle.
By running it, there's no need to set the codec by yourself: the Mac program has three optimized presets for FCP, iMovie, Avid MC, Adobe Premiere, etc.. If you're using Windows users, please get Dimo Video Converter Ultimate which can also create FCP native Prores codec. Just get the right program and follow the step-by-step guide to transcode AVI for editing in Final Cut Pro X/7/6.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi ... 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-co...mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo ... r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi ... timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetrans...t.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi ... ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. ... r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ ... timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo ... timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.file...h.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so ... -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ ... timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download ... mate-for_46665.html
An all-around video converter software program that enables you to convert various video and audio files to formats that are supported by most NLE, multimedia devices and media players.
How to Convert AVI and Import AVI to Final Cut Pro X/7/6
Note: If you are also a FCP X user, before you try to do the conversion, don't forget to make sure that you have installed the Apple ProRes Codec manually since the FCP X asks users to install it by themselves.
Step 1: Load AVI files to the program
Launch the AVI to FCP Converter and click "Add File" button to locate the .avi file(s) you want to add. Batch video conversion is supported in the latest upgraded version.
Step 2: Select output format
When it comes to choosing the output format for these target videos, you directly one choose "Editor >Final Cut Pro" preset. For compression, Apple ProRes 422 will do fine for keeping the original AVI quality the same and creating a Final Cut friendly file format. Apple has made a few variations to the ProRes family - use ProRes 422(Proxy) or (LT) for smaller file sizes (Applied to FCP 7 and above version).
Step 3 (Optional): Adjust the video, audio settings
Click "Settings" to fix the frame rate, bitrate, video size, etc to your needs. If you want to edit in Final Cut without having to render the clips while editing, all the frame sizes must be the same as the sequence settings. You can save a lot of render time by making all the clips the same size with this Mac AVI converter.
Step4: Start AVI to ProRes conversion on Mac
Click the big "Start" button at the bottom right corner to finish transcoding AVI to ProRes for FCP. When the conversion is done, you can find the output files by clicking "Open" button on the main interface, then you can transfer the encoded AVI files to your Final Cut Pro X, FCP 7 or 6 to edit with ease. Once you've got your video edited, you can export to any codec/container that you'd like for playing and sharing.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
Lossless backup Blu-ray to MKV with all audio and subtitle tracks; Rip Blu-ray to multi-track MP4; Convert Blu-ray to almost all popular video/audio formats and devices; Copy Blu-ray to ISO/M2TS; Share digitized Blu-ray wirelessly.
A professional DVD ripping and editing tool with strong ability to remove DVD protection, transcode DVD to any video and audio format, and edit DVD to create personal movie.
Contact us or leave a message at Facebook if you have any issues.
- How to Convert WMV to MP4 on Win/Mac without Quality Loss
- Best 7 Blu-ray Players Reviews (Software & Hardware)
- How to Make a GIF Animation from a Video
- Baby Lullaby Songs Free Download
- How to Watch 3D Films on Homido VR
- How to Play AVI on iPad Min/Air/Pro, iPad (2017), etc?
- MOV to YouTube - How to Upload MOV Files to YouTube Easily
- Get TV shows off of TiVo and onto iPhone 7
- Tivo Plex Convert: Convert and Play Tivo on Plex
- How to Enjoy WMV to MP3 with WMV to MP3 converter
Source: How to Make AVI files Work in Final Cut Pro X and FCP 6/7