Operation Burnout Forums: Crash Help, Silly-Cone Valley (Saloon Only) - Operation Burnout Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Crash Help, Silly-Cone Valley (Saloon Only) Can't get over that damn bridge

#1 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

Playing through the PS2 version of Revenge, and I've been trying this one for hours now and can't seem to crack it. All the guides I've read say "Use the ramp to jump on top of the bridge", but no matter WHAT I try I can't seem to get on top of the bridge using the ramp, I either go under it completely or hit the side, and it's REALLY aggravating me. Is there something I'm missing? Is my game broken? Am I just an incompetent player?

Currently my strategy is to go onto the left on-ramp and hit the corner piece of concrete to send me onto the bridge, but that means I have to rely on a Crashbreaker to get me back down onto the main road, which is equally impossible. Urgh.

#2 User is offline   Yoyo Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Yoyo805
  • PSN ID: GGs_Yoyo (PSP Only)
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

I forget if there's ramp aftertoch in Revenge, but try angling your car toward the center of the bridge and remember, strategy guides are not ALWAYS 100% accurate

#3 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:59 PM

Well I looked at three guides, two user made and another from IGN, all suggesting the same strategy. You do get Aftertouch when going off Ramps in Revenge, however the car doesn't shoot high enough even at the peak of it's flight. I also have the wind to contend with.

I got through it in the end, using the strategy I mentioned above, but it was A PAIN, one in a million. There was a revisit version of it where I could choose any car I liked, so I got into the Limited 205 GT and made the jump like I was supposed to in the original version.

#4 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:16 AM

Silly-Cone Valley is actually one of my favorite crash events because of the scores you can rack up there.

Also I found if you turn around at the start and head down the highway and make a couple of left turns you will reach a hidden downtown area that I honestly don't recognize from any of the tracks :confused:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users