Operation Burnout Forums: Should I buy Burnout 3? - Operation Burnout Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should I buy Burnout 3? Should I buy this, and if I should, as an Xbox Original or on disk?

Poll: Purchasing Burnout 3 on Xbox 360...

Should I buy Burnout 3?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If yes, should I purchase on disk or as an Xbox Original download?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   iUberGeek42 Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • XBox Live Gamertag: HDElite
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Post icon  Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:32 AM

OK, thanks for all of your feedback, everyone! :up: I just ordered the on-disk Xbox version of the game, used (no new copies available), from GameStop (online) for around $10, including shipping costs. I will update my post with my thoughts about Burnout 3 later... I can't wait! :w00t:

UPDATE:

I just got Burnout 3, on disk, Platinum Hits edition, today! :w00t: Here are my first impressions:

The game runs perfectly on my 360 Elite, with the 480p graphics being upconverted to 1080p by my 360. The graphics are decent, especially considering the game's age!
The cars are very varied, just like in Burnout 2, unlike Revenge. The models are great, but the fake sponsor decals on most vehicles are UGLY!
The difficulty is perfect! I was winning gold every time (being a Burnout veteran), but my rivals were always on my tail...
You unlock cars extremely quickly...at least in the beginning. I'm already at the Coupe Series and 11% complete after about an hour of gaming...
The licensed soundtrack is terrible.
The lack of shortcuts on the tracks can barely be felt, fortunately!
The Face Off events, one of my favorites in Burnout 1 and 2, are even better with takedowns!
The Time Trials (Burning Laps) are frustrating, as usual...
Crash is a mixed bag; the power-ups add gameplay, but reduce crash strategy. The junctions are just OK; I still think Revenge had the best Crash mode...

Overall... :up: :up: !

This post has been edited by iUberGeek42: 21 July 2009 - 12:29 AM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users