Operation Burnout Forums: Best spots for Rolls and Spins on the island - Operation Burnout Forums

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Best spots for Rolls and Spins on the island UPDATED: 25 July 09 - 5500+ spins and 6 rolls. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   JustBecauz Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • PSN ID: JustBecauz
  • Time Zone: GMT -10 hours

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

------ UPDATED ------
---- 30th July 2009 ----

Hey Guys!

Are you having trouble with finding a good barrel roll or flatspin spot on Big Surf Island? Do you keep having to go back to the quarry and the cliff for good stats? Well look no further! I made this thread to compile the best video footage of spots to do your barrel rolls and flatspins on the island! :up:

If you find any good videos or make some of your own, just put them in this thread so you can share them with the community!

BEST FLAT SPIN area (submitted by 'vettefan88') 'Largest legit spin on the web so far'

2nd BEST FLAT SPIN area (uploaded on youtube by 'LongyAus')
'This one is the most effective and easiest to do, my best is 3,241! although some have manages 3,800'

3rd BEST FLAT SPIN area (uploaded on youtube by 'Ducklafied')

4th BEST FLAT SPIN area (submitted by 'vettefan88')

BEST BARREL ROLL (submitted by 'nala1908')

Thanks Guys :up: Keep the uploads coming!

LOOKING FOR SOME VIDEO FOOTAGE BARREL ROLLS!

This post has been edited by JustBecauz: 30 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

#2 User is offline   iUberGeek42 Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: HDElite
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

I agree. Criterion probably made the jumps so limited so as to make sure that the game's graphics engine does not get overwhelmed...having to render all of Paradise City when one flies off a huge jump... At least the Ski Jump is decent... No split ramp, though :( .

#3 User is offline   starkwhite Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: starkwhite
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:44 PM

theres not many long run ups to split ramps like the quarry...and nothing to clip your car on

#4 User is offline   Longy Aus Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Longy AUS
  • PC Gamertag: flatspinner
  • Time Zone: GMT -10 hours

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

View Poststarkwhite, on Jun 13 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

theres not many long run ups to split ramps like the quarry...and nothing to clip your car on

You just need to work out the right spot. I've got a 1411 off the top of one building so far.

#5 User is offline   sergeantbash595 Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: sergeantbash595

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

not gaurenteed to work but i have got 800 degrees flatspin off the lighthouse jump by cliping the side of the supports holding it up.its quite hard to line up though

#6 User is offline   Abernyte Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Abernyte
  • PSN ID: Abernyte, Abernyte_DG, HowlingBlueRat, mysterycritter
  • PC Gamertag: Abernyte
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:52 AM

View Postsergeantbash595, on Jun 13 2009, 01:27 AM, said:

not gaurenteed to work but i have got 800 degrees flatspin off the lighthouse jump by cliping the side of the supports holding it up.its quite hard to line up though

I've managed 1331 at the same location. Pretty clear that a lot more is possible but I don't think it will compare to the dam.

#7 User is offline   thesios Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: thesios
  • Time Zone: GMT +9 hours

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:57 AM

On Maguire (is that the long road along Perren's Point?) at the switchbacks, there is a ramp that has a tree just off to the right. If you can jump off the ramp just right and clip the tree, you can get a pretty good flat spin going. It isn't a high ramp, so it probably wouldn't be as big a spin as at Rockridge on the mainland.

I only did it once during a stunt run; would have counted if I didn't land on a bus--insta-crash. I was spinning pretty good in the Dust Storm Superturbo, but I didn't get a glimpse at the counter.

As for barrel rolling, like everyone said, there really isn't a split ramp with a good run up. Closest thing, I think, is the mega jump next to the Ski Jump. I never got a clean landing off the split ramp there, though; haven't tried it but a couple times, however.

I got a x4 off the left crane ramp off the Holness with the Superturbo. I keep trying to do it with the 88 Special, but it keeps pulling to the right when landing on the crane plank.

#8 User is offline   Abernyte Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Abernyte
  • PSN ID: Abernyte, Abernyte_DG, HowlingBlueRat, mysterycritter
  • PC Gamertag: Abernyte
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:11 AM

View Postthesios, on Jun 13 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

On Maguire (is that the long road along Perren's Point?) at the switchbacks, there is a ramp that has a tree just off to the right. If you can jump off the ramp just right and clip the tree, you can get a pretty good flat spin going. It isn't a high ramp, so it probably wouldn't be as big a spin as at Rockridge on the mainland.

I only did it once during a stunt run; would have counted if I didn't land on a bus--insta-crash. I was spinning pretty good in the Dust Storm Superturbo, but I didn't get a glimpse at the counter.

As for barrel rolling, like everyone said, there really isn't a split ramp with a good run up. Closest thing, I think, is the mega jump next to the Ski Jump. I never got a clean landing off the split ramp there, though; haven't tried it but a couple times, however.

I got a x4 off the left crane ramp off the Holness with the Superturbo. I keep trying to do it with the 88 Special, but it keeps pulling to the right when landing on the crane plank.

I know exactly the tree you are referring to - I hit it by accident during a race. Definately some potential there but, as you say, it's lacking height. There are some clippable spots in the construction areas. Hopefully someone will find "the spot" for spinning before too long.

#9 User is offline   reventon Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: reventon94

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

View Postthesios, on Jun 13 2009, 06:57 AM, said:

Yeah i got a 5x barrel roll with the XHR off that very jump. As for the split ramp next to the ski jump, well, you'll probably get a really fast barrel roll, but unfortunatly the jump just isn't big enough.

#10 User is offline   nala1908 Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: nala1908
  • PSN ID: nala1908
  • PC Gamertag: nala1908

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:57 AM

ive gotten a six 7at the constuction site and 1200 by clipping the wall before the splitramp on that same jump. both in the xhr

This post has been edited by nala1908: 13 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

#11 User is offline   vettefan88 Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: vettefan88

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

the top of the spiral building. clip the split ramp like you would in the airfield.
my highest is something like 1774 and I can easily get 1500 every time. and that's with a considerably slow spin. get a spin that would normally get you 1700 in the airfield off of that ramp and you'll probably near the 3000 mark.

also, both of the "convential" split ramps work.

and clipping any of the posts on the spiral towards the top with a toy car can also get 1500+

for barrel rolls, the toy 88 can easily get 4 off of the super jump at the top of the construction site, and gets really close to 5 almost every time, just a few hits and you should gt it.

#12 User is offline   Thom Icon

• Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • PSN ID: mcinally1

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, i got around 1500 with the Toy 88 by the Inspiral Carpark, by complete accident, a bit of a shock really when it happened, haha!

#13 User is offline   geordiedeviant Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • XBox Live Gamertag: geordiedeviant

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:16 AM

I'm sure you could clip the inner or outer edges of the doughnut and pull a mad spin.

#14 User is offline   nala1908 Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: nala1908
  • PSN ID: nala1908
  • PC Gamertag: nala1908

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:19 AM

ok i was just experimenting and i found if you clip the edge of the second ramp on the bridge you can pull 6's easly

#15 User is offline   Evasion-Lv6 Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: Evasion-Lv6

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

View Postnala1908, on Jun 13 2009, 11:19 AM, said:

ok i was just experimenting and i found if you clip the edge of the second ramp on the bridge you can pull 6's easly

if you mean the 2nd part to the mega jump, i did that and got 1 barrell roll so i thought the amount of airtime culd lead to a few more if i didn't pull out. Managed it during a road rage i got a verticle takedown when i landed it's probably the best one i've ever scored in this game.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users