Operation Burnout Forums: After Burnout Paradise, what's next? - Operation Burnout Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After Burnout Paradise, what's next?

#1 User is offline   Chris_G Icon

• Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

So what's next in the Burnout series? Open world again, or classic track racing? I think the Back to the Future car is giving us a hint as to what will be next in Burnout. Hovering boosting cars, maybe in a futuristic setting, with huge jumps, sky high paths and ramps. That I would like to see. There's still no detail on Burnout:Revolution, but the title does tell us that Burnout will be revolutionized.

This post has been edited by Chris_G: 14 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

#2 User is offline   Thunder Bomber Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: slaya of n00bs
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

Sorry to crush your dreams but I don't think there will be a sequel to Burnout Paradise. They given us HUGE amounts of DLC and they don't want them to go to waste.Think about all these years(2 years) of hard work forgotten in mere months. Besides I think they're either working on more DLC or the NFS game criterion is developing.

#3 User is offline   Chris_G Icon

• Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:54 AM

I think NFS is a dead series. How many have been made, with the latest getting luke warm reviews. They've done that do death. It's time to focus on Burnout, the only racing series that matters.

#4 User is offline   Cayman Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Challenger65
  • Time Zone: GMT -6 hours

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:22 AM

View PostChris_G, on Jun 13 2009, 10:54 PM, said:

I think NFS is a dead series. How many have been made, with the latest getting luke warm reviews. They've done that do death. It's time to focus on Burnout, the only racing series that matters.

I think Criterion will make Need for Speed matter again, I mean, when have you ever been truly disappointed with a Criterion game? I've loved every one of their games that I've bought, and I'm sure none of you have disliked a Criterion game so much that you regretted buying it. Need for Speed 14 WILL be a good game, I have total faith in Criterion, they haven't let me down yet.

On topic, the problem with this "endless DLC" concept I think is that it will start taking up a LOT of space on people's hard drives, multiple gigabytes worth of DLC for a single game. Also, the DLC, compared to the full game, is very bad value for us as customers. What have we gotten, something like 30 cars, 30 something liveries, 5 motorcycles with very little that you can do with them, and a map add-on about a quarter the size of Paradise city, possibly less, an online mode, and an offline multiplayer mode for over $60, the value of a brand new HD game. If it were sold as its own game for the price of $60, you would be buying a game with 30 cars, a few mostly featureless bikes, a tiny map, one online mode, pass-the-pad offline mode, and about 15 hours tops of single player offline. I would feel cheated if I had bought that for $60, which is why I'm glad I have bought absolutely none of it, though I may buy BSI because its the first pack that is actually worth the price. If DLC keeps coming at its current prices, I hope people will realize they are being gouged, as what they have given us is not worth that price. Also, endless DLC pretty much screws anyone without PSN/XBL because they won't be able to buy it.

A brand new game, however, would probably have around 70 cars, a whole new full-sized city, a new physics engine, better graphics, new game modes, better online play, and new game mechanics, which for $60, FAR exceeds the value of the $60 of DLC they have offered us. I will be very disappointed if there is not another game, because there are somethings that are just too much to release as DLC, necessitating a new full game, disc release. Endless DLC will not work, especially at the horrible prices they sell it at currently.

#5 User is offline   Thunder Bomber Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:36 AM

You do make a good point. :up: But like I said there probably working NFS 14. I mean they only have a certain amount of people.

#6 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

View PostCayman, on Jun 14 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

I will be very disappointed if there is not another game, because there are somethings that are just too much to release as DLC, necessitating a new full game, disc release.

That's what the Ultimate Box is for, and I wouldn't be surprised if they made an '09 Edition.

#7 User is offline   Burnout Online Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: tytanfamily
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

I know I read something a while back about Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Final Box, that has every piece of DLC.

#8 User is offline   Thunder Bomber Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

View PostBurnout Online, on Jun 15 2009, 05:33 AM, said:

I know I read something a while back about Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Final Box, that has every piece of DLC.

Oh yeah they even showed a chart. But I think that got canceled. I think. I'll be glad if I'm wrong.

This post has been edited by Thunder Bomber: 15 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

#9 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

• Elite Member
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:53 AM

I think that for the next Burnout they could do a combination of Classic and Arcade, in a sort of Midnight Club kinda way where you go across several open worlds. All the Paradise Freeburn stuff is there, but when you do an event you get Free Roam and Routed versions. Free Roam is where you play the events like in Paradise, while Routed has those big yellow barriers to keep you limited to one route (now you have to go the Schembri before getting to the Observatory, sucka!). This can benefit many events. Races are back to normal, Road Rages work like they used to, Marked Man would be more exciting, and Stunt Runs would be a whole lot cooler (think Showoff events from SSX to get an idea of what Routed Stunt Runs could be like).

#10 User is offline   Toy Manhattan Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: nikoinlc
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

View PostKBABZ, on Jun 17 2009, 05:53 AM, said:

I think that for the next Burnout they could do a combination of Classic and Arcade, in a sort of Midnight Club kinda way where you go across several open worlds. All the Paradise Freeburn stuff is there, but when you do an event you get Free Roam and Routed versions. Free Roam is where you play the events like in Paradise, while Routed has those big yellow barriers to keep you limited to one route (now you have to go the Schembri before getting to the Observatory, sucka!). This can benefit many events. Races are back to normal, Road Rages work like they used to, Marked Man would be more exciting, and Stunt Runs would be a whole lot cooler (think Showoff events from SSX to get an idea of what Routed Stunt Runs could be like).

It might be a good idea, but we already got that (sorta) with the unranked races, you can add checkpoints to make a route. And I don't like the idea of routed SRs!

#11 User is offline   VGN34D Icon

• Unsafe Member
  • PipPip
  • Time Zone: GMT -4 hours

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

After Burnout Paradise means the Burnout franchise has ended for good. Don't ever expect a new Burnout game for the Xbox One/PS4, because its not going to happen for many, many years.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users