Operation Burnout Forums: toy 88 flatspins - Operation Burnout Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

toy 88 flatspins no longer possible Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_ryso008_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

hi just to let those who dont know but when the servers were down earlier i think there patched the toy 88's hovermode because doing the BIG flatspins in hovermode of inspiral carkpark is no longer possible as it doesnt let u turn with the handbrake on...

#2 User is offline   IIILeafIII Icon

• Unsafe Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • XBox Live Gamertag: IIILeafIII
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

i did it a minute ago and got 2,300 so i dont think it has bin patched + u can do it in most toy cars

#3 User is offline   thesios Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: thesios
  • Time Zone: GMT +9 hours

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

That's a glitch that the 88 Specials (regular and toy) suffer from. You can correct it by exiting and restarting your game. The glitch seems to happen somewhat randomly, though some have discovered just how it is triggered.

#4 User is offline   WiiFreak Icon

• Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • PSN ID: WiiFreak
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

View Postthesios, on Jul 7 2009, 04:51 PM, said:

That's a glitch that the 88 Specials (regular and toy) suffer from. You can correct it by exiting and restarting your game. The glitch seems to happen somewhat randomly, though some have discovered just how it is triggered.

Well for one thing the glitch never happens if you choose the Toy 88 (or the full sized version) first when you start up the game.

#5 User is offline   vettefan88 Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: vettefan88

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

I don't think anybody WANTS this glitch to happen, so I'll tell you guys exactly how it happens if anything to avoid it. or, if you'd want to, how to get it to happen.

start up the game, and make sure the last car you were driving when you last played is anything BUT the 88 specials. preferably a normal paradise car.
when the game starts pick that car first, it should be the first one loaded. enter an online match and as long as anybody in that game, but not one your screen, is driving the 88 you want glitched yours will glitch.

#6 User is offline   best-lemming Icon

• Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: best-lemming

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:00 PM

View Postvettefan88, on Jul 7 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

I don't think anybody WANTS this glitch to happen, so I'll tell you guys exactly how it happens if anything to avoid it. or, if you'd want to, how to get it to happen.

start up the game, and make sure the last car you were driving when you last played is anything BUT the 88 specials. preferably a normal paradise car.
when the game starts pick that car first, it should be the first one loaded. enter an online match and as long as anybody in that game, but not one your screen, is driving the 88 you want glitched yours will glitch.

So there are 2 ways to do it then? Because the way I know of doing it doesn't involve any freeburn games at all! Although the way I knew was slightly hit and miss 50/50 chance of it working! :CAMARO:

#7 User is offline   vettefan88 Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

View Postbest-lemming, on Jul 7 2009, 06:00 PM, said:

View Postvettefan88, on Jul 7 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

So there are 2 ways to do it then? Because the way I know of doing it doesn't involve any freeburn games at all! Although the way I knew was slightly hit and miss 50/50 chance of it working! :CAMARO:

idk of any other ways, but as long as everything is done right in the way I explained it should work 100% of the time.
just make sure you don't see the other car in the game, and make sure the 88 isn't the first thing that loads with your game.

the safest way to avoid the glitch is to pick the car first thing out of the junkyard.
not doing so and going online runs you the risk of glitching it without you knowing.

#8 User is offline   rean2 Icon

• Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Time Zone: GMT -5 hours

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

So ur saying that if we enter a room with someone in a p88, but we dont see there car, and we leave, the p88 in our junkyward will be glitched?

#9 User is offline   Chris_G Icon

• Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:01 PM

Sorry, this thread is bogus without videos.

#10 User is offline   vettefan88 Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

View Postrean2, on Jul 7 2009, 06:41 PM, said:

So ur saying that if we enter a room with someone in a p88, but we dont see there car, and we leave, the p88 in our junkyward will be glitched?

not sure about leaving, I've only tried it while in the room.
but if the first time the p88 is introduced into your game is through an online freeburn, then it should glitch up.

#11 User is offline   FeistFan Icon

• Fearless Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: FeistFan

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:11 AM

View Postvettefan88, on Jul 8 2009, 01:04 AM, said:

not sure about leaving, I've only tried it while in the room.
but if the first time the p88 is introduced into your game is through an online freeburn, then it should glitch up.

Is THAT why I was having so much trouble the other night? Does this glitch affect barrel rolls, too? Because I couldn't get a double barrel roll of the cliff south of the quarry to save my life, in the toy 88, and I couldn't believe it. The sucker just wouldn't roll, no matter how I hit the split in the ramp. I'd started with something other than the toy 88, and switched partway through a freeburn challenge earlier that night, but I hadn't noticed anything disastrous until I tried the barrel rolls. Stupid thing normally does four and wrecks on its roof, instead of 1/4 and landing on its side EVERY TIME.

#12 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Prowler690

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:06 AM

View PostChris_G, on Jul 8 2009, 12:01 AM, said:

Sorry, this thread is bogus without videos.

Translation:-

Sorry I have no idea what you are all talking about, can someone show me pictures please? :CAMARO: :D

If you want to avoid having a glitched P88 just check when you leave the junkyard that you can e-brake, if you can't then it's glitched, change cars then try it again until you find it e-brakes.

#13 User is offline   thesios Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: thesios

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

View PostProwler690, on Jul 8 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

If you want to avoid having a glitched P88 just check when you leave the junkyard that you can e-brake, if you can't then it's glitched, change cars then try it again until you find it e-brakes.

I didn't know that there was a chance it would "unglitch" if you simply selected a new car. I heard that one way to possibly "unglitch" it was to drive it through a paint shop.

The only method that's ever worked for me was to quit the game and restart it.

#14 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: Prowler690

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:22 PM

View Postthesios, on Jul 8 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

View PostProwler690, on Jul 8 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

I didn't know that there was a chance it would "unglitch" if you simply selected a new car. I heard that one way to possibly "unglitch" it was to drive it through a paint shop.

The only method that's ever worked for me was to quit the game and restart it.

Sometimes it can save you restarting but I should have added that if you check and it still won't e-brake then restart the game. :blush:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users