Operation Burnout Forums: Is this Criterion Games last ride on Parardise. - Operation Burnout Forums

Jump to content

  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Is this Criterion Games last ride on Parardise. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   thatGuyinTheTVR Icon

  • Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned
  • Posts: 64
  • Joined: 19-July 09
  • Gender:Male
  • PSN ID: carbonfiberworm7
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:46 PM

View PostLe Mans Racer, on Jul 28 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

I smell a sitcom!


Family Guy anyone?
0

#17 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 25-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:39 AM

View Postdrbullit_alt, on Jul 28 2009, 12:13 PM, said:

Totally agree with you man. Criterion ruined this game for me when they took out custom routes. Yes we still had all the French cheats pre-cagney but there wasn't as many as there are now screwing up the leaderboards. Oh yeah these French cheats are also srewing up the route times leaderboards as well which is really annoying for me since i have a lot of good legit times.


Jesus Christ. Do all the ranked racers whine and bitch all the time? :db:
0

#18 User is offline   RamosXtreme Icon

  • Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: 02-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Florida
  • PSN ID: ramosxtreme
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:20 AM

Its funny how people read this and have something smart to say or they make fun of the spelling in it. WOW I'm amazed how many dumb asses there are in this world. The guys that want to read this post and want to talk about it that's great. Nobody needs to her your shit smart ass assholes . I bet the people that talk shit so much online are the same ones that got there asses kicked all the time. lmao or are still getting their ass kicked by someone. Most likely its a old man that thinks he is still tuff or a young ass git that trying to make name for himself or herself. Bottom line is if you don't like what I post move on and deal with it. Don't read it or go to your fav gay porn site and play with yourself and leave us alone. I forgot... spell check it to if you don't mind . I mite have miss spelled a few words here and there. :sneaky: Dumb asses.


Damn that felt good lmao! :smartass:
0

#19 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 321
  • Joined: 16-March 09
  • PSN ID: Prowler690
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

View PostRamosXtreme, on Jul 28 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

Everyone wants to know if BP is coming to a end. Hell so do I because Criterion did say that they were going to continue make DLC. Maybe its just me but I'm pist off that I hear they are just going to drop the game when there is so much more they can do with it. Hell at one time they were talking about planes in the game. Hell you can put boats on the game look at that damn water. I guess im just going to have to get over it and and buy a other great game. They could at least tell us if they are done with the game . Its just kinda rude to just drop everyone . What the hell we are the ones that made that game so damn famous. With out the players BP would have been just an other game or even worst a game you want to trade in for an other. I know one thing that started BP down fall. WHEN THEY TOOK OUT CUSTOM RANK RACING!!!!. Well if this is all true then I have only this to say.

Thanks to everyone..... The good racers and the bad ones and the cheaters lol. We are the ones that made this game fun. I made lots of great buddies online. Its been real!


If you post a load of bollocks rant you should expect to get smartass replies and deservedly so but I'll address your points so you can't complain. I've made it easy just follow the bolding...

They did produce DLC after they said that they were going to continue to produce DLC.
Where have you heard they are just dropping the game? Wiki? No one knows yet for certain.
Planes were never promised to be in the game, I know I flew one on a development machine.
You can't put boats on the water, that would need a whole release build update and boats are not Burnout.

In Summary:

They haven't just dropped anything so no rudeness there, we made the game famous? Actually it was the collective popularity and those that voted for the CG staff and game in award nominations that helped (providing you actually voted when you weren't busy ranting). BP was just another game, a very good and popular game and it's always the fans that make or break a game so nothing unusual there. No not a lot of what you have posted is true but yes you should move on as there is obviously nothing left in the game for you, bye bye and don't let the door slam you in the ass on your way out.

/end smartass but appropriate reply.
0

#20 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 697
  • Joined: 20-May 09
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:01 AM

well i agree too.. posting completely inaccurate bsheet is usual to be countered with mass smartass replies as you call them...and then its funny to see that someone actually has something smart to say? then i wonder what it is when someone says stupid things and rants about ranked racing 90% of his life.
0

#21 User is offline   RamosXtreme Icon

  • Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: 02-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Florida
  • PSN ID: ramosxtreme
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

WOW! People have nothing better do. Amazing!!!!!
0

#22 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 321
  • Joined: 16-March 09
  • PSN ID: Prowler690
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:11 AM

View PostRamosXtreme, on Jul 30 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

WOW! People have nothing better do. Amazing!!!!!


:rolleyes: You looking in the mirror and talking to yourself again? :rolleyes:
0

#23 User is offline   boostracer9 Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,625
  • Joined: 25-August 08
  • Gender:Male
  • XBox Live Gamertag: boostracer
  • Time Zone: GMT -8 hours

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

View PostRamosXtreme, on Jul 29 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

WOW! People have nothing better do. Amazing!!!!!


Kid, your incompetence to understand simple posts and immature whining is getting you nowhere.

Prowler explained everything to you as needed, in a smartass manner.

P.S. Telling people that they have nothing better to do because they put you in your place doesn't make sense. Obviously you have nothing better to do besides whine and bitch about senseless crap, and try to diss on someone that made a very true post.

This post has been edited by boostracer9: 30 July 2009 - 09:42 AM

0

#24 User is offline   Samnharrod Icon

  • Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: 26-July 09
  • PSN ID: Samnharrod
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

View Postboostracer9, on Jul 30 2009, 10:39 AM, said:

View PostRamosXtreme, on Jul 29 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

WOW! People have nothing better do. Amazing!!!!!


Kid, your incompetence to understand simple posts and immature whining is getting you nowhere.

Prowler explained everything to you as needed, in a smartass manner.

P.S. Telling people that they have nothing better to do because they put you in your place doesn't make sense. Obviously you have nothing better to do besides whine and bitch about senseless crap, and try to diss on someone that made a very true post.



He just got pwned :D :up:

Job well done Boost on putting someone in their place :up:
0

#25 User is offline   RamosXtreme Icon

  • Reckless Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: 02-April 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tampa Florida
  • PSN ID: ramosxtreme
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:42 PM

Ha ha ha big talk small gameP please people talking shit to me is like talking to a wall. Stop wasting you time cuz im enjoying you flap your gums. It think you guys are full of it. Oh by the way im no kid. Far from it son. lmao I can't wait to read what other dumb shit you guys are going to try smash me with . stupid Fucks lmao!!!!! :laugh:
0

#26 User is offline   Le Mans Racer Icon

  • Insane Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 470
  • Joined: 13-March 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ormskirk, UK
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Le Mans Racer
  • PSN ID: LeMansRacer
  • PC Gamertag: LeMansRacer
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

View PostRamosXtreme, on Jul 30 2009, 11:42 PM, said:

Ha ha ha big talk small gameP please people talking shit to me is like talking to a wall. Stop wasting you time cuz im enjoying you flap your gums. It think you guys are full of it. Oh by the way im no kid. Far from it son. lmao I can't wait to read what other dumb shit you guys are going to try smash me with . stupid Fucks lmao!!!!! :laugh:


Bored are we? I'm guessing your rants to this forum make you feel like a big man.
0

#27 User is offline   Samnharrod Icon

  • Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: 26-July 09
  • PSN ID: Samnharrod
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

He's got to try and act like a hard case somewhere...
I mean in real life he's probably some guy sat at home in a swivel chair just waiting for someone to bring him some chips...
0

#28 User is offline   KBABZ Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 569
  • Joined: 24-May 09
  • PSN ID: KBABZ
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

It isn't easy being a video game developer, and I'm sick and tired of people acting like they DESERVE something out of them, whether it's Trophy Patched, DLC or even pre-orders. When you think about it long-time DLC support like Criterion did probably isn't very profitable for the effort they put in (more bitching about what they didn't get rather than celebrating what they did get). Plus, they can't support Paradise forever. It's unprecedented that they would continually release DLC expansions for more than a year after the game was originally released, and you STILL complain they drop it.

I have a gripe for people who want planes in the game. They're not Burnout, they're some-other-game. How the hell can you perform Takedowns? Showtime? Air Rules? It doesn't work for what Paradise has. Not to mention that the game engine was never intended to show Paradise from the air, meaning they'd have to write and rewrite the engine code, which would result in more bugs for you to complain about.
0

#29 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 321
  • Joined: 16-March 09
  • PSN ID: Prowler690
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:28 AM

View PostKBABZ, on Jul 31 2009, 01:57 AM, said:

It isn't easy being a video game developer, and I'm sick and tired of people acting like they DESERVE something out of them, whether it's Trophy Patched, DLC or even pre-orders. When you think about it long-time DLC support like Criterion did probably isn't very profitable for the effort they put in (more bitching about what they didn't get rather than celebrating what they did get). Plus, they can't support Paradise forever. It's unprecedented that they would continually release DLC expansions for more than a year after the game was originally released, and you STILL complain they drop it.

I have a gripe for people who want planes in the game. They're not Burnout, they're some-other-game. How the hell can you perform Takedowns? Showtime? Air Rules? It doesn't work for what Paradise has. Not to mention that the game engine was never intended to show Paradise from the air, meaning they'd have to write and rewrite the engine code, which would result in more bugs for you to complain about.


QFT

In fact viewing Paradise from the air (when the dev machine wasn't crashing) :yabbas: showed just how much work would be needed to texture all the parts you cannot see from the ground.
0

#30 User is offline   SK-IndyColtsFan Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 304
  • Joined: 06-December 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana
  • PSN ID: SK-IndyColtsFan; IndyColtsFan_XHR; IndyColtsfan_TOY; Prosecute_U; Prosecute_U_too
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:26 AM

View PostSamnharrod, on Jul 30 2009, 08:48 PM, said:

I mean in real life he's probably some guy sat at home in a swivel chair just waiting for someone to bring him some chips...

Is that wrong?
0

  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users