Operation Burnout Forums: Hacking the burnout paradise .BIN format - Operation Burnout Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hacking the burnout paradise .BIN format well.. you can but I can't Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   s-j Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,805
  • Joined: 05-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SJ95
  • PSN ID: o0S-J0o
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Post icon  Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

I've recently joined the XeNTaX forums and asked how to extract the bunout praradise ".BIN" files.

Some people helped me there but now no one answers, the forum is really quiet.
Are people here on this forum that know how zlib works?
Or can we burnout community join those forums and ask those people for help??
Sounds a little bit yeah self-ish and annoying but otherwise we will never get mods into burnout.

you know when you decompress those files you could edit them and inject them back.
So you can get your own car skins/models!!

http://forum.xentax....php?f=10&t=3609

please join!
0

#2 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 697
  • Joined: 20-May 09
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

View Posts-j, on Jul 28 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

I've recently joined the XeNTaX forums and asked how to extract the bunout praradise ".BIN" files.

Some people helped me there but now no one answers, the forum is really quiet.
Are people here on this forum that know how zlib works?
Or can we burnout community join those forums and ask those people for help??
Sounds a little bit yeah self-ish and annoying but otherwise we will never get mods into burnout.

you know when you decompress those files you could edit them and inject them back.
So you can get your own car skins/models!!

http://forum.xentax....php?f=10&t=3609

please join!

well, even if say, someone created new car model/skin for car "X", then still, when online, people would see the original skin , not modded one right? :confused:
0

#3 User is offline   s-j Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,805
  • Joined: 05-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SJ95
  • PSN ID: o0S-J0o
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

ehh yes.. :ninja:
but still would be cool huh?
0

#4 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 697
  • Joined: 20-May 09
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

View Posts-j, on Jul 28 2009, 12:53 PM, said:

ehh yes.. :ninja:
but still would be cool huh?

if i could modify performance of the Ikusa GT to be as fast as Hawker or the GT then it would be really cool :yabbas: but afterall, modding might keep the game alive while EA will be counting money
0

#5 User is offline   Samnharrod Icon

  • Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 95
  • Joined: 26-July 09
  • PSN ID: Samnharrod
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

I read everything in that topic and didnt understand a word of it except n00b..

those guys are major nerds at modding :up: (in a good way :happy: )
0

#6 User is offline   Prowler690 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 321
  • Joined: 16-March 09
  • PSN ID: Prowler690
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Mods will be great but I suspect most mods will be used to screw around and generally mess up rooms all in the name of "fun".

Odd that a helpful forum should suddenly go quiet S-J, Now why would that happen......? :smartass:
0

#7 User is offline   geordiedeviant Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 640
  • Joined: 23-April 09
  • XBox Live Gamertag: geordiedeviant
  • Time Zone: GMT

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

View Posts-j, on Jul 28 2009, 12:40 PM, said:


Thanks for that, my head is now on the verge of exploding! Must inhale nicotine before critical mass is hit!
:dontgetit:

I've tried to mod many a game, and succeeded to some degree. Alas, my computer takes one look at Burnout Paradise and legs it for the hills, trickling a line of urine all the way. Maybe I should apply the 3D graphics settings and just blow up the damn aged metal crooner!



Anyone see the video of the ECTO-1 in GTA4? go google/youtube it. It's rather impressive.


EDIT - I'm too kind http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xPLLm0SYxpk

This post has been edited by geordiedeviant: 29 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

0

#8 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 697
  • Joined: 20-May 09
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

View Postgeordiedeviant, on Jul 29 2009, 11:08 AM, said:

View Posts-j, on Jul 28 2009, 12:40 PM, said:


Thanks for that, my head is now on the verge of exploding! Must inhale nicotine before critical mass is hit!
:dontgetit:

I've tried to mod many a game, and succeeded to some degree. Alas, my computer takes one look at Burnout Paradise and legs it for the hills, trickling a line of urine all the way. Maybe I should apply the 3D graphics settings and just blow up the damn aged metal crooner!



Anyone see the video of the ECTO-1 in GTA4? go google/youtube it. It's rather impressive.


EDIT - I'm too kind http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xPLLm0SYxpk

well, you're not alone. i don't understand modding stuff too much. but i was capable of modding GTA San Andreas :smartass:
anyways, here is a cool mod car youtubeshowoff GTA 4 :yabbas:
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
0

#9 User is offline   s-j Icon

  • Gold Elite
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,805
  • Joined: 05-May 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • XBox Live Gamertag: SJ95
  • PSN ID: o0S-J0o
  • Time Zone: GMT +1 hour

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:50 PM

I always modded trackmania.. ah creating skins on photoshop when I was 8.. what a mess is that nowadays..
Burnout skin is the lst thing I made..

http://www.trackmani...kin.php?id=3284
0

#10 User is offline   ElvenAvenger Icon

  • Elite Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 697
  • Joined: 20-May 09
  • PC Gamertag: ElvenAvenger
  • Time Zone: GMT -2 hours

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

View Posts-j, on Jul 29 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

I always modded trackmania.. ah creating skins on photoshop when I was 8.. what a mess is that nowadays..
Burnout skin is the lst thing I made..

http://www.trackmani...kin.php?id=3284

:up: good!
0

#11 User is offline   iUberGeek42 Icon

  • Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 271
  • Joined: 01-June 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United States, North America, Earth, 42
  • XBox Live Gamertag: HDElite
  • Time Zone: GMT +8 hours

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

^^ Excellent! I :wub: TrackMania!
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users