Operation Burnout Forums: My Full Burnout 2 Soundtrack Rip! :d - Operation Burnout Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Full Burnout 2 Soundtrack Rip! :d 320kbps WAV

#1 User is offline   wolfmaster Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • PSN ID: hurricane_mario

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

I did this mostly for myself, because I love this soundtrack. I am upset it was never released on CD. But I thought I'd spread the wealth, so to speak. Enjoy! :laugh:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zun0hmzo2od

Note 1: I converted it to AAC so I could fit it on an upload site, but AAC is not lossy like MP3 is. It sounds the same as direct from the disk.

Note 2: I had a two options in how to do this:
1) Rip it while racing. But if you don't keep Burnouts going the sound is muffled (You understand if you've played), so I used the cheat with no cars to make it easier.
2) Rip it from the replay. It has the full-quality songs, but I chose not to do this because replays do not have the cool 10 second atmospheric intros.

Note 3: The songs are approximately 3-5 minutes long, but do not have well-defined endings before they repeat. I apologize if they are cut off. However, I was quite happy with how well I ripped the Theme. If you put it on repeat, the beginning and end match almost perfectly. :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by wolfmaster: 26 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

#2 User is offline   Pluto3 Icon

• Unsafe Member
  • PipPip
  • XBox Live Gamertag: Tagento66

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

This is illegal, as the soundtrack belongs to Criterion. If you don't take this off right now, they can AND WILL sue you.

#3 User is offline   Bakalhau Icon

• Offensive Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

View Postwolfmaster, on Mar 1 2008, 04:17 AM, said:

I did this mostly for myself, because I love this soundtrack. I am upset it was never released on CD. But I thought I'd spread the wealth, so to speak. Enjoy! :laugh:

http://www.zshare.ne...829148568ddb3b/

Note 1: I converted it to AAC so I could fit it on an upload site, but AAC is not lossy like MP3 is. It sounds the same as direct from the disk.

Note 2: I had a two options in how to do this:
1) Rip it while racing. But if you don't keep Burnouts going the sound is muffled (You understand if you've played), so I used the cheat with no cars to make it easier.
2) Rip it from the replay. It has the full-quality songs, but I chose not to do this because replays do not have the cool 10 second atmospheric intros.

Note 3: The songs are approximately 3-5 minutes long, but do not have well-defined endings before they repeat. I apologize if they are cut off. However, I was quite happy with how well I ripped the Theme. If you put it on repeat, the beginning and end match almost perfectly. :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot, I'm gonna test it soon.

Now... You need only do that for BP's original songs. Specially the ones from Burnout 3.

Pluto, I'm sure he is well aware of that.

#4 User is offline   wolfmaster Icon

• Dangerous Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • PSN ID: hurricane_mario

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:14 AM

View PostPluto3, on Mar 2 2008, 11:30 AM, said:

This is illegal, as the soundtrack belongs to Criterion. If you don't take this off right now, they can AND WILL sue you.

Ok, there's another topic like 5 pages long about this, and no one mentioned it. I'm not sure how it's illegal. I'm not saying that I made it myself, therefore it's not plaigarism. And they will never release it themselves, so it's not taking money out of their pockets. And I'm not making anyone pay for it, so it also doesnt hurt them that way. I see no reason they would be bothered by this. If you find actual documentation that proves this, I'll take it off

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users