Burnout Revenge Game Information
Chertsey, Surrey, UK – April 4, 2005 – According to the 2004 Urban Mobility Report by the Texas Transportation Institute, U.S. commuters endured 3.5 billion hours of traffic delays in 2002, at a cost of more than $63.2 billion. It's hell on the highway and Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced plans to let gamers live out their wildest commuter fantasies this September with Burnout RevengeTM.
Burnout Revenge lets gamers rip through rush hour traffic and lay waste to scores of rubbernecking roadhogs in an over-the-top scene of vehicular mayhem. The game is currently in development by Criterion Games for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft.
Burnout Revenge is the sequel to 2004's award-winning Burnout 3: Takedown, which in March this year won three BAFTA Awards, including Best Racing and Best PS2 game categories, as well as being crowned Best PS2 game at the Joystick Awards 2004.
In addition to tricked out new race, crash and road rage modes, Burnout Revenge takes the series' blistering speed and spectacular destruction to dizzying new heights with an all-new Revenge mode, challenging gamers to battle the clock and unleash their frustrations on rush hour traffic.
EA will debut Burnout Revenge at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles on May 18, 19 and 20, 2005.
Game Details• Revenge is Sweet – It's not about winning, it's about vengeance. An all-new revenge meter tracks underhanded tactics and leads gamers down the path to the ultimate payback. Fight dirty and be rewarded ....
- Check Traffic – Think hockey on the highway. Now every vehicle on the road is in play and a potential target – or weapon. Ram traffic into your rivals, slam cars into vicious combo-based pile-ups and lay waste to everything in sight. Don't fear traffic – fight it
- Traffic Attack – An all-new traffic attack mode pits gamers against the clock in a mad dash for destruction. It's not about dodging traffic, it's about leveling it by any means necessary
- Crash Redefined – Show Hollywood how it's done with all-new open-ended crash junctions. With multiple start points, complex, vertically-oriented tracks and hundreds of cars begging to be decimated, Burnout Revenge is the king of crash
- Grudge Match – Punish a rival enough and they'll develop a grudge – and then you'll need to take care of them personally in an all-new grudge match
- Built to Battle – Designed for maximum carnage, Burnout Revenge's tracks are loaded with massive jumps, multiple paths and nasty chokepoints to deliver the ultimate brutal car combat. Vertical takedowns and in-race crashbreakers open up new avenues for destruction
- Car Deformation – with more than 3 times the car deformation in BurnoutTM 3: TakedownTM, Burnout Revenge lets gamers literally rip cars to shreds
- Car Classes – All-new cars in three classes (race, muscle and crash) accentuate different play styles and power up, physically transforming as they become more powerful
- Untouchable Speed – Burnout Revenge delivers unrivaled, retina-searing speed that can only possibly be topped by the real thing
- Real World Locations – Burnout Revenge features tracks spanning three continents and inspired by real-world cities - from Detroit to Rome to Tokyo.